Schedule for English Classes before the FIRST CUT
TJ/ AOS/ AET
|May 31||0||Diagnostic Test- FULL||May 31||0||Diagnostic Test- FULL|
|July 13||1||ACT Aspire reading (First Class)||———-||———————-|
|July 20||2||ACT Aspire reading||———-||———————-|
|July 27||3||ACT Aspire reading||———-||———————-|
|Aug 3||4||AOS/AET Writing||Aug 3||1||AOS/AET Writing (First Class)|
|Aug 10||5||AOS/AET Writing||Aug 10||2||AOS/AET Writing|
|Aug 17||6||AOS/AET Writing||Aug 17||3||AOS/AET Writing|
|Aug 24||7||AOS/AET Writing
|Aug 24||4||AOS/AET Writing
|Aug 31||8||AOS/AET Writing||Aug 31||5||AOS/AET Writing|
|Sep 7||Labor Day Week Off||Sep 7||Labor Day Week Off|
|Sep 14||9||AOS/AET Writing||Sep 14||6||AOS/AET Writing|
|Sep 21||10||AOS/AET Writing
|Sep 21||7||AOS/AET Writing
|Sep 28||11||AOS/AET Writing||Sep 28||8||AOS/AET Writing|
|Oct 5||12||ACT aspire reading||Oct 5||9||AOS/AET Writing|
|Oct 12||13||ACT aspire reading||Oct 12||10||AOS/AET Writing|
|Oct 19||14||ACT aspire reading||Oct 19||11||AOS/AET Writing|
|Oct 26||15||ACT aspire reading||Oct 26||12||AOS/AET writing (last class)|
|Nov 2||16||ACT aspire reading|
Schedule for Math before the FIRST CUT
Quant-Q, ACT Aspire Science, STEM Thinking Assessment, CCTDI
|May 31||Week-0||Diagnostic FULL Test- 4 hours with breaks
(Quant-Q, ACT Aspire Reading, ACT-Aspire Science)
|June 3||Week-1||First Class|
|July 6||July 4th week off|
|Aug 16||(Test FULL)|
|Sep 7||Labor Day Week Off|
|Nov 2||Week-20||Final Review|
|20 Classes of 1.5 hr each (30 hrs)
- Tentatively, below are the timings for the classes:
- TJ/AOS/AET Combo, English: Mondays(5:00-6:00 pm)
- AOS/AET only, English: Thursdays (5:00-6:00 pm).
- TJ/AOS/AET Math: Wednesdays 12-1:30 pm.
- There is an overlap of the AOS writing class for the months of August and September, so kids can attend any one of these classes during these 2 months.
- We will include guidance on CCTDI and sample tests at no additional cost.
- Review classes from time to time at no additional cost.
- Tests are not counted towards the class hours. FULL Tests will mimic the real test with 8:00 am start on Sundays.
- We will monitor kids very closely for their HW, tests, and attendance. Test results will be provided to the parents. We plan to arrange Zoom meetings with the parents 2-3 times during the course to keep them updated about the progress.
- First-quarter of Geometry is very useful and relevant for both the tests, so we are assuming that kids will join the regular Geometry classes starting from July.
- The fee is due before the Diagnostic test (By May 29th). The fee is non-refundable and non-transferable.
Window Opens | August 10, 2020 – For Academies of Loudoun fall 2021 admissions
October 23, 2020 – Fall admissions window closes at 12:00 p.m. (noon)
November 7th or 14th, 2020 – Phase 1 – California Critical Thinking Disposition Inventory (CCTDI), STEM Thinking Skills Assessment
January 9, 2021 – Phase 2 (finalists only) California Critical Thinking Skills Test (CCTST-N), Writing Assessment
March 2021 – Admission offers will be posted in admissions portal
March-May 2021 – Students must accept or decline all admissions offers
August 31, 2020 – Applications available online – 4:00 pm
September 25, 2020 – Application deadline – 4:00 pm
November 7, 2020 – Test Day (Quant-Q, ACT Aspire Reading and Science)
November 13, 2020 – Accommodations, Make-Up and Alternate Test Day
January 15, 2021 – Semifinalist Notification
February 13, 2021 – Essay/SIS Test Administration(3 prompts)
February 19, 2021 – Accommodations, Make-Up and Alternate Test Day
April 30, 2021 – Final decisions posted (No later than)