WordMasters Challenge 2019-2020
Deadline to register: October 6th
Using Analogies to Master Vocabulary
Each year Enrich and Excel participates in WordMasters Challenge for grades 3-8.
The WordMasters Challenge™ helps students to think both analytically and metaphorically.
The contest addresses higher-level word comprehension and verbal reasoning in two ways:
- It bases the analogies on special vocabulary lists, developed for each grade and difficulty level by experienced teachers, which participants study before each meet.
- It challenges students to complete analogies based on relationships among words they have learned.
- There are 3 contests (November, February, and April). Each contest is about 20 min.
- A word list is provided before each contest.
- All contests are on Sundays (morning and evening slot). The dates will be announced prior to the contest.
- 4 kids minimum enrollment in each grade